Tuesday, 28 February 2012

Natural Inspiration

Today I'm working hard to finish up the first batch of Jellyfish Earrings to go on sale in my Etsy shop, hopefully by the weekend I will be ready for my first ever photo shoot so I can have at least a dozen items listed within the next couple of weeks. Until then, I thought I'd share some inspirational photos I took on another random Thursday.

  Once apon a time, when my hair was green and I didn't know how to focus a camera, a few friends and I took a trip out to a place we aptly named "The Vale". I'm sure it had a real name, but to us nothing could suit it more than the name we chose. Driving towards old Tranquille in Kamloops, we made a turn down a back road and an old highway that I later learned would take us beyond city limits and into some strange places... but on this first trip we went out to the vale to explore the nature around our town, to find the kind of inspiration that comes from a random adventure with close friends. On the way back I made my friend stop his car, so I could snap a photo of some graffiti on a sign.

For three years I've looked over these pictures, for three years my eyes were drawn towards the hastily scrawled graffiti on that sign. "Rezoning Application" it says beneath the words of whoever began the   tagging. Was it two people, one writing loveless and the other sensing that loveless was incomplete? Or was it one tagger, just writing random words on a sign? And what ever could it mean? It was the only tag of "Loveless Arachne" I'd ever seen, and it stuck with me.
What is Loveless Arachne? To me it's knowing your strengths, and persevering beyond what others perceive as weakness. To be loveless isn't weak; to be loveless you must be stronger than everyone else. You must be aware of yourself and take care of yourself, because no one else is going to do it for you. Because who would ever dare to love a spider?



   


No comments:

Post a Comment